Monday 15 July 2013

Morning Skincare Routine For Problematic Skin

I don't have the best skin in the world, although I think if you asked a lot of young women they would probably say the exact same thing. Having been born with excema, finding creams, moisturisers and other beauty products which don't flare up my skin has been a bit of a pain! However, this past year I have FINALLY found some products which don't aggravate my morning skincare routine (yay!).

The first product which I have been using for around two years now is the Vaseline Intensive Rescue Repair & Protect Lotion. Whenever I used to tell people about my skin and how difficult it was to find a moisturiser which didn't soak into my skin like a sponge, it was frustrating to hear the same products (albeit the most common ones) being mentioned, such as e45. For me, it was just another failed product which when used, didn't keep my skin hydrated, but rather thirsty and dry!




I vaguely remember browsing the shelves in Superdrug and Boots to see what new products there was for difficult skin types. If I'm honest, I wasn't optimistic as even creams that were prescribed by my doctors failed to keep my skin hydrated! I was delighted when I came across this moisturiser, and to this day is the only one I will use as for me, it is the only one that works. There is no need to put it on more than once a day, as continually keeps my skin feeling lovely and soft with no occurrences of dry patchiness or irritation. I only need to use a small amount also, probably the size of a 10 pence piece to cover my entire face, so a 200ml bottle will last me a good 6 months. It retails for around £5 or so, so it is great value for money! 

My second product is the Good Things Deep Clean Blackhead Exfoliator. From experience, most face washes I have used in the past have generally irritated my skin and left it quite sore, so I was on the hunt! After considering the products I had used previously, I knew I needed to find one which was as chemically exempt as possible; my conclusions were that the harsh ingredients in most of the face washes I had used to prevent acne were to blame for my flare-ups. After spending a good few hours on the net, I found the Good Things brand. Being free from parabens and seemingly harsh chemicals, I thought this would be a great product to check out. It is gentle on my skin, leaves no irritation and smells lovely! I purchased mine from Boots for £4.99, so another product which doesn't break the bank considering its benefits!

The final product of my morning routine is one which I had researched a lot about, and was very excited to try, as it seemed like it was developed especially for people with skin conditions such as excema and dermatitis, and psoriasis. I purchased Cetaphil at Boots for £8.99, which at first I thought was a little bit pricey for a cleanser, but then again it's probably due to the face that I am a bit of a prude when it comes to money! Lol. 



The thing that was most important to me was after cleansing my skin, would it dry my skin out or leave it feeling lovely? This has always been a persistent problem for me, as I would begrudgingly finish using a harsh product on my skin, only for it to have absorbed all the natural oils on my face and leave my skin scratchy and extremely dry. Using the product for the first time I had my reservations, but to my surprise post-cleansing, my skin felt super soft and nourished.

Overall this product is worth its weight in gold; it does exactly what it says on the bottle, and I have found the right cleanser for my face.

I know everybody's skin type is different, and it can be incredibly hard to find products that will not irritate your skin.  There probably are tons of other alternatives on the market, but I will always be on the hunt for new products which can be helpful as I know sometimes products can become useless as the skin gets more used to them. However, for those of you find it difficult or cannot use things specifically designed for the prevention of acne, such as clearasil (that stuff BURNS!) or neutrogena, I would definitely check these products out :)

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment