Friday 12 July 2013

Proclère Herbal Toner - Review

I have been blonde now for almost two years, and had never considered colouring my hair for fear of the brassy ginger monster rearing its ugly head. Part of me had always wanted to, but I never amassed the confidence to do it.. until recently.

After my hairdresser went AWOL and a nightmare experience as a hair model, I finally snapped - I came home, sat down and thought 'why don't I just take the plunge and do it myself?' My hair history has been very wide and varied in terms of cuts, colours and styles, and this was quite literally the final DIY job I had left to do. 

This was the beginning of my journey with bleach and developer (I shall do a review later of the products I use). However, this review is regarding the toner I used the first time I bleached my roots.

As I didn't feel confident at the time with using toners which you had to combine with developer, I eventually found Proclère Herbal Toner. It appealed to me as it is peroxide and ammonia free - after all that bleaching I thought it would be nice to give my hair a bit of a rest. After trawling the internet trying to find some substantial reviews on this product, I unfortunately amassed hardly anything worth taking into consideration. In all honesty this did frustrate me, but at the same time gave me an idea to make a review of it to help anyone in the future who wished to use it.




The toner itself comes in a 60ml bottle, along with a sachet of anti-oxy crystals that you pop into the bottle. It is recommended you use these if you have freshly bleached your hair or you have pre-lightened hair. The more I perused the instructions, I also found that if you use the product without the crystals, it acts as a 'colour refresher' in between bleaching, which I thought sounded quite good!




When I mixed it altogether, I became a  bit dubious because of the orangey/brown colour that was visible in the bottle. However, I pushed my fears aside and smothered it over my towel dried hair and waited for 30 minutes. I'm not going to lie; I was quite scared as it looked a nasty shade of yellow - exactly what I didn't want my hair colour to turn out like. Even so, I convinced myself that it wasn't going to be the case, and it wasn't!


I was left with a lovely even shade throughout almost all of my hair (my main aim for DIY'ing was to try and colour correct my hair) and it was SUPER and I mean SUPER soft! This feeling lasted for a good week or two, and I couldn't believe how nice of a condition it left my hair in, as I understand the 'rough' feeling we can all experience when bleaching.
I would definitely recommend Proclère to anyone who is looking for a toner which is nice to your hair and provides even coverage. It is available in five shades (see above picture for details) and retails between £5-£8 depending on where you look. I purchased mine from Amazon.co.uk for around £7 inc. delivery :)

I have also done a quick review of this product on YouTube as I couldn't find anything on there about Proclère!


N.B - I am not, nor ever will be a trained hairdresser, and this is only my experience with the product! If you do not feel confident to do this process yourself, then I highly recommend visiting a professional :)

If you aren't sure of the porosity of your hair, then it is recommended that you do a strand test of the product on your hair before continuing with a whole head application. If you have highly porous ends, then apply to the roots first and then apply to the ends when there is only 10 minutes left of development time.

xx

3 comments:

  1. Wigs Edmonton are the hottest wigs on the market. Specially designed with only the finest human hair, lace wigs are made to appear as if your hair is growing right out of your scalp. Applied to the hairline for the most natural look, lace wigs allow comfort, and styling flexiblity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Randomly found your blog and I’d like to say that you have amazing design, beautiful photos and interesting posts! I’m also impressed by your style! Everything is perfect!
    Herbal Toner
    https://savarnasmantra.com/blogs/blog

    ReplyDelete