Saturday 13 July 2013

Trulites Rapid Blue Powder Bleach & Developer - Review

I cannot say I'm an expert of different bleaches and developers, but as a first time user of this brand I was truly impressed. The thought of going it alone and potentially frying my hair was scary enough, let alone putting my trust into a product I had never used before.

My hunt to find a 'good' powdered bleach and developer was relatively easy; albeit because I forget how I came to my decision! Before I started I made sure I knew exactly what I would be looking for, and specifically a 20 volume developer. Why? I knew I didn't need a higher lift (my natural shade is a mousy brown), but at the same time through my research I knew it wasn't necessarily a wise idea to put a high strength developer on my hair, especially as I was doing it myself and for the first time.

Eventually I found these products; the Trulites rapid blue powder bleach, and the accompanying 20 volume developer. I generally found positive reviews for these everywhere, so I purchased the 500g bucket of powder bleach, and a litre of the developer.. the way I saw it - go big or go home! Lol. The powder bleach is available in white also, but the general consensus was that blue was good for checking the amount of lift to your hair, but also for tone correction. I purchased both on Amazon.co.uk for around £15 altogether, which if you think about it in the long term, if you are able to do this process yourself you will be saving yourself a heck of a lot of money!





The bucket of powder bleach comes with a handy little scoop to measure out what you will need; it says to use 2 scoops of powder bleach with between 45-70ml of developer, depending on how thick or runny you like your mixture to be. I tend to use the scoop as a guide for the amount of cream developer to use, as the scoop measures 15ml. 

I will be touching up my roots this week and hopefully will compile a step-by-step process for you, so I will be able to show the amount of lift I am able to achieve with this product. When I used it, I was completely stoked - my roots were literally the same shade of blonde as the rest of my hair in 45 minutes! Even though I have not used any other products of the same nature, I will be sticking with this as it is really a nice product. 

Would recommend it to anyone who is thinking of a good powder bleach to use :) Although as I always say, please consult a professional if you are not confident in bleaching your hair yourself!

xx


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this I've been looking for a good bleach and tonner for a while as I keep messing up my hair with the bleach ,not terming out right and making my hair snap, is it kind to your hair thanks Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm attempting my hair today with this bleach and developer, I've used loads of bleaches before because I always do my own hair, I'll let u 21ou know how I got on. 😁

    ReplyDelete