Sunday 21 July 2013

Waxing? Cheap as chips!

I knew it was that time again. I mean, no woman can ever say it is a pleasant experience, right? That's right, it's waxing time! :/

Luckily I have quite a high pain threshold, so it doesn't really bother me pain-wise. I can't remember how I started using wax pots, but I have found them to be the most effective way for me to get rid of unwanted hair. Wax strips have always proved fruitless for me as you need far more than one box, and because of my sensitive skin hair removal creams are a no-no.

So after finishing work today, I popped along to Superdrug to purchase my 'regular' product of choice; Veet Warm Wax Pot, and prepared myself to begrudgingly part with £10 of my hard earned money. To my surprise (and complete joy!), I found that at the moment in Superdrug you can save up to 1/2 price on all Veet products! Instead of the usual £9.89 I would pay for the product, it was near enough half price at £4.92! In my usual hoarder mode, I ended up stockpiling as many as I could in my hands and waddled up to the till.



Along with a 250ml pot of wax, the product also comes with a heat-indicator spatula and 12 fabric strips. In all honesty, depending on what area you are 'working' on you might need more strips, but as they can be washed with water and re-used you will never technically 'run out'.



If the product is too hot, you will be able to tell through the indicator on the spatula. I find this to be very helpful as well as being a protective tool for the consumer to use. The wax smells lovely - as it is the oriental version, it contains essential oils and has a floral vanilla fragrance. If you end up with any residual product on your skin, it can be easily removed by water.

Overall this product is easy to use, value for money and easy on the skin - that is if you can handle it! :)
You can find the product here, and it is worth filling your boots even if you cannot get into a store as they are offering free delivery until the 30th July :) - http://www.superdrug.com/veet-warm-wax-jar-essential-oils-250ml/invt/595173?source=179_75

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment